To calculate reporting metrics and classify assets, the company uses its own templates in Microsoft Excel. They were looking for a way to fill their templates with the content of arbitrary WM fields for any number of financial instruments (ISINs). In addition, data delivery in the Eddy (Enhanced Data Delivery) format was requested to optimize the resulting costs.
The first task was to develop a frontend allowing lists of ISINs and lists of WM fields to be specified and combined. For this purpose, the Grand Central Browser was extended to include the following new functionality:
- Create and save any securities list, either manually or by importing pre-defined ISIN lists from text files in the Grand Central Browser
- Organize and save WM fields as a list (mainly GD fields, income data and fund prices)
- Create user-defined reports from predefined financial instrument and field lists
- Execute the report and export the results (WM data) in the Microsoft Excel file format
- Order (subscribe) or unsubscribe financial instruments
- Import WM data in Eddy format
In the course of cooperation with the customer, the original Grand Central Browser has been transformed into a Regulatory Reporting Tool. The following diagram shows how reports are created.